Ordering an FFL item is not as difficult as you might think. Follow the simple steps below. At the bottom of this article is a sample email you can copy and paste into an email to your FFL.
- Make your purchase through our website.
- Enter YOUR billing address and if available, your DEALERS address as the shipping address.
- Request your FFL Dealer send us their license at email@example.com with your order number. Alternatively, they can submit it to us here: Submit FFL Online
- Request they include your email on the CC line if you'd like to know when the FFL is sent to us.
- We validate the FFL license, update the address on your order if necessary, and ship your order to the FFL.
- Your FFL contacts you once the package is delivered and ready for transfer.
- Your FFL executes your background check and transfers the item(s) into your name.
Without a copy of the actual license, we will not process your order. We have a process in place to manage the high volume of FFL orders we receive and it's our goal to get them processed and shipped as quickly as possible.
We do not recommend or directly communicate with your FFL. It is your responsibility to select an FFL and facilitate getting their FFL license to us for processing.
If you need assistance in locating an FFL in your area, there are many resources online to assist you, including:
- http://www.fflregistry.com/Search-FFL-By-ZIP <--- Our Favorite
If we've not received a license within 14 business days we will contact you by email with a reminder. We kindly request you not to email us asking if we've received your dealer's license. If after our first reminder and 30 days have elapsed, if we have not received a license for your order, we will cancel your order and charge a 20% cancellation fee.
After we have transferred the items to your FFL Dealer, you will eventually visit them in person to transfer the items to your name via ATF Form 4473. As a part of this process, your FFL Dealer will initiate a background check. Here are the reasons you could fail a firearms background check:
- Convicted of a felony
- Convicted in any court of a crime which is punishable by a term of more than one year or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years. This is the number one reason why requests for firearm transfers are denied.
- Indicted for a crime punishable by more than one year
- A fugitive from justice
- A user of illegal drugs or an addict
- Involuntarily committed to a mental institution
- An illegal alien
- Dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
- Renounced your U.S. citizenship
- Subject to a restraining order for threatening a family member
- Convicted of domestic violence
- Under an indictment, but not convicted, of a crime carrying a possible year-long prison sentence
SAMPLE EMAIL - Replace the bold text with your information
I've recently placed an online order for a Firearm / Lower Receiver from Arm or Ally. They require a copy of your license for processing, regardless if sent in the past as they keep no FFL on file. You can send it to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or through their online form HERE. Please reference my order number (ENTER YOUR ORDER NUMBER HERE) and include my email in the CC line in the message you send to them? If you need to validate them in EZ Check, you can do so using 5-43-15136 and/or 1-56-13375.
Order Number: (ENTER YOUR ORDER NUMBER)
Name: (ENTER YOUR LAST NAME HERE)
Once it arrives, I can be contacted at (888) 555-1212 or by email at email@example.com
John Q. Public